National Forest Folk Festival And Hawkwind: Update » 21 Jul 12
Latest News | News Archive | Go back
The organisers of the National Forest Folk Festival have reacted to Hawkwind’s comments about the cancellation of their participation (which you can read in the ‘They Said...WHAT?’ section on the news page on the TotalRock website).
Kirstine Szifris, who is the daughter of the organisers, has sent the following statement through:
“1) The event was NEVER confirmed. We tentatively inquired with Hawkwind about the possibility of putting on a one-off evening concert with our own support band. Some dates and costs were mentioned. This is as far as the negotiations went. No contracts were signed, no dates were confirmed with the venue or us, no fees were decided upon.
“The first we heard about the discussion of an all-dayer was through my partners father (who is a big Hawkwind fan) telling us what had been said on the website. An all-day event was never what we thought about doing as it is well beyond our comfort zone.
“2) The NFFF opinion of the Hawkwind fans. After attending a Hawkwind concert myself, I mentioned it to my parents as being a fantastic show with a wonderful audience. We are mortified that the Hawkwind fans think this is our opinion of them. I found the crowd to be nothing but friendly and pleasant to be around.”
Send to a friend